- Do you get enough protein?
Surprise! Plants are packed full of protein. too.
- What about vitamins? Where do you get all your vitamins?
Most vitamins stem from a healthy amount of vegetables and fruit.
- Humans aren’t meant to be vegan.
When have humans ever done what they were told. For example, we walked on the moon.
- Our ancestors ate meat.
Our ancestors also didn’t have electricity or flushing toilets.
- You’re ruining Thanksgiving/Christmas/Passover/any holiday that involves eating food.
That’s just hurtful. My intention is obviously not to ruin holidays, but I also don’t want explosive diarrhea from milk.
- Is that vegan? *Asking while pointing at food, drink, shoes, clothes, makeup, etc.*
If I am drinking/wearing/eating it, then chances are it is.
- Are you like one of those crazy vegans?
Um, I don’t really know how to answer this one. Am I crazy? Little bit, yeah. Is it a result of me being vegan? Nah, I did that all on my own.
- Plants have feelings.
- So, do you eat like dirt and stuff?
Obviously, that’s a yes. Who doesn’t love a good, tasty clump of dirt?
- Are you doing it to lose weight?
Nope, and even if I was, this is not a question you should ask someone.
- Do you think you are better than me?
Truly, I don’t. If you are a friend of mine, you know that I don’t think I’m better than anyone else. Of course it would be nice if everyone was vegan, but that is not realistic for a lot of situations. I think one of the biggest stigmas associated with veganism is that we think we’re somehow superior, but this really shouldn’t be the case. If you’re vegan for the animals or environmental reasons, you should treat everyone with compassion, not just farm animals.