This has become my go-to breakfast when I’m craving something savory. It’s super simple to make and takes less than 10 minutes! Feel free to experiment/tweak this recipe to your liking, you can add in different veggies or whatever you want really!
- ½ block tofu
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan bacon (optional)
Other optional toppings: avocado, sriracha
- Begin by cutting your block of tofu in half; use paper towels to press out as much of the moisture as you can.
- Crumble the tofu up, using your hands, into a non-stick pan.
- Turn the burner on medium heat, and add in all your seasonings/spices, stirring them around until thoroughly mixed. The turmeric will give it a yellow color, resembling scrambled eggs.
- If you’re using vegan bacon, tear it up into small pieces, and add it in. This is optional, but I find that it gives the scramble great flavor!
- Fold your kale (if desired, you can also add spinach) into the tofu.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and allow the kale to cook down, about 5 minutes (if you use spinach it will take less time). Stir it a few times in between to make sure the tofu doesn’t burn!
- Once the kale has cooked down, you’re done! I like to top with a ton of salsa, sriracha, and half an avocado if I have a ripe one.